Posted Thu, 5 Jan 2012
To Apply: Please submit your resume, along with salary requirements, in Word or PDF format to email@example.com . Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible. Please include the job title, “Applications Architect” in the subject line of your email.
Applications / Solutions Architect – NetDexterity
NetDexterity is looking to hire an experienced Software Architect to join the team. We are looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for building software solutions to meet client needs. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in Microsoft SharePoint, .NET development, and SQL Server. Public sector industry experience will be an asset. Candidates should be excellent team players, capable of leading development teams and client engagements, and able to manage multiple projects at once.
The successful candidate will serve as an applications architect for solutions developed on the Microsoft platform, including SharePoint, SQL Server, BizTalk, Dynamics CRM and .NET applications.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- supporting business process design workshops related to relevant applications;
- performing impact and system analysis based on business requirements;
- leading a sub-team of designers and specification writers in support of implementation;
- supporting the development of test architectures and technology validation strategies;
- developing and nurturing consensus and working relationships with technical teams from other IT divisions to ensure coordination and integration of IT projects and programs;
- leading or participating in technical advisory programs on a regular basis;
- collaborating with other technical teams in the exchange and transfer of technical knowledge and in the development and evolution of architecture standards, guidelines, reference architecture, and the IT Technology Roadmap;
- assisting in proposal preparation, including completion of implementation approaches and plans;
- planning and scheduling work, tracking to the schedule and plan, and managing risk and change; and
- performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of object oriented analysis and design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with systems integration methods and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in performing complex analysis, consulting and providing recommendations to clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with business processes, cross business unit initiatives, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), especially Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), and best practices of quality management.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare specifications and reports, deliver oral presentations, and explain complex technical concepts in simple terms.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to provide direction to cross-functional teams responsible for resolution of complex technical challenges.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts.
- Must be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to customers' business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- 10+ years experience in the complete software development lifecycle
- 10+ years experience with SharePoint and/or.NET development
- 10+ years experience in source control, unit testing, code verification, documentation, automated build, continuous integration, metrics, and code reviews
- 10+ years experience in user interface development
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in business application design, service-oriented architecture, and implementation projects for a large IT organization.
- Demonstrated consulting experience.
- Experience working in the Public Sector industry is an asset.